I guess I don’t understand global properties as well as I thought I did…
I’m running this test module (http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_vassal_modules&task=display&page=Files&module_id=473) on 3.1.2. There are two sides, British and American, and they are both trying to occupy an objective hex in the middle which will give them 1 victory point. There is a VP window that keeps track of the score. The numbers in the VP window have layers that are tied to a global property that is set when a unit occupies the objective hex.
Last night I played live with an opponent. When my British unit moved onto the objective, the score updated correctly in my VP window to show 1 point for the British. It did not update for my opponent, though, and continued to show 1 point for the American side. I don’t understand how this can be, considering that we were synchronized to each other and logged in as different sides.
I tested it offline by recording a logfile where I moved pieces from both sides onto the objective. The score updated correctly while I was recording, but when I played back the logfile the score did not change even as the pieces moved.
The link will take you to a stripped down version of the module named “Test”.