trouble with global properties

I guess I don’t understand global properties as well as I thought I did…

I’m running this test module (http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_vassal_modules&task=display&page=Files&module_id=473) on 3.1.2. There are two sides, British and American, and they are both trying to occupy an objective hex in the middle which will give them 1 victory point. There is a VP window that keeps track of the score. The numbers in the VP window have layers that are tied to a global property that is set when a unit occupies the objective hex.

Last night I played live with an opponent. When my British unit moved onto the objective, the score updated correctly in my VP window to show 1 point for the British. It did not update for my opponent, though, and continued to show 1 point for the American side. I don’t understand how this can be, considering that we were synchronized to each other and logged in as different sides.

I tested it offline by recording a logfile where I moved pieces from both sides onto the objective. The score updated correctly while I was recording, but when I played back the logfile the score did not change even as the pieces moved.

The link will take you to a stripped down version of the module named “Test”.

R,

You were close :slight_smile: You do understand GP’s, just made one small mistake
I have fixed your test module. It was setup incorrectly.
The problem was that you had 2 GP’s called 0927 Control (1 in each map),
only one is being honored (the last in trait order)

To correct we use just 1 GP called 0927 Control and share it across the maps
instead of having 2 of them by placing the GP at the module level instead of
2 of them at each map level.
I’ve upload the fixed mod w/ working logfile here for you

vassalengine.org/community/i … modules&ta
sk=display&page=Files&module_id=393

Tim

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Tim,
Ah…of course. Glad to see it’s such an easy fix. That’s twice you’ve saved me now, Tim. Thanks for your continuing support and help!