Unable to Resume Game

Hello!

I am seeking some advice and/or help for an issue that has now happended twice where I was unable to resume a Pbem game with an opponent. The issue involves an inability to rejoin the side I was playing.

Axis Empire / TK: I was playing this game as the Allies and Soviets. In the middle of the game, I signed on to conduct my turn and was unable to rejoin as the Allies. I was given the choice of playing as an observer or as the Soviets. I tried everything and the program would not allow me to join the Allied side. I even reloaded everything with no luck. Seems the game file was corrupted.

No Retreat: Same thing happened here while playing the Axis. Signed on again and suddenly found that I could not rejoin as the Axis and was given the choice of joining as an observer or solitare. Tried the same as above with no luck.

Had to quit both games with a high degree of frustration. Not sure what is going on but am looking to start another game on Vassel and don’t want this to happen again.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Are you sure you and your opponent have different passwords? Usually, the inability to log in to a side is related to passwords. They need to be unique from player to player, and Vassal gets confused if that’s not so.

-Ed

No, we have different passwords. I think the problem is with me. I have noticed that the vast majority of times that I start Vassel, I just click on the file and the game opens. There have been a couple of times when a window opens and asks me to confirm my name a password. I wonder if this causes Vassel to reset everything and exclude me from the game? I noticed that I am excluded even when opening an old file that I have done as the Axis.

Thus spake fusilier9:

No, we have different passwords. I think the problem is with me. I
have noticed that the vast majority of times that I start Vassel, I just
click on the file and the game opens. There have been a couple of times
when a window opens and asks me to confirm my name a password. I wonder
if this causes Vassel to reset everything and exclude me from the game?
I noticed that I am excluded even when opening an old file that I have
done as the Axis.

Post one of your log files here so we can look at it.

J.

Here is one of the files. From my computer, when I click to open the file a window appears askign which side I will join. I am only offered “observer.”

Dave

Thus spake fusilier9:

Here is one of the files. From my computer, when I click to open the
file a window appears askign which side I will join. I am only offered
“observer.”

For which module is this?

J.

The attachment is for No Retreat but I had the same issue happen with Axis Empires

Thus spake fusilier9:

The attachment is for No Retreat but I had the same issue happen with
Axis Empires

Which No Retreat game? Which module? There are three modules for
one No Retreat game here:

vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:No_Retreat!

And there there are another eight versions for a different (?) No
Retreat game here:

vassalengine.org/wiki/Module … sian_Front

J.

No Retreat 1.4 and Vassel 3.1.1

Thus spake fusilier9:

No Retreat 1.4 and Vassel 3.1.1

%APPDATA%\VASSAL\Preferences is a ZIP archive. There should be an
entry inside it for No Retreat. Check whether the username and
password stored there are what you’re expecting.

J.