I have a module extension that works perfectly in v3.6.7 but is not working in v3.6.9. (It also didn’t work in v3.6.8 but I never had a chance to investigate before v3.6.9 was released.)
The extension adds the following components to the module:
- Global Properties
- Pre-defined Scenarios
When opening the module+extension in v3.6.9 It reports the extension as loaded, the extension Pre-defined Scenarios are displayed in the drop-down menu, the extension Global Properties values are available (a debug GKC shows the correct extension property values for each unit), but menu options on the Combat ID counter do not appear.
Editing the extension in v3.6.9 shows the Prototypes in the correct sub-folders as expected and nothing appears amiss in the definitions. Saving the extension in v3.6.9 does not change the behavior.
I think I’ve identified the common factor in this issue, so here’s a folder with the module and extension if you want to follow along:
(Open the module+extension and choose one of the “(Combat)” pre-defined setups. Select a combat unit, e.g. hex 30.18, and Alt+C to add a Combat ID marker. In v3.6.7 the Combat ID has menu options for Ctrl+C and Ctrl+O in the “Combat Marker” menu, but these don’t appear in v3.6.9.)
Eventually, after adding a GKC to ‘ping’ all the Combat Markers (‘Validate Counters’), I noticed that the Combat ID and Combat Arrow markers didn’t respond to the GKC, and they both happened to be on the first Scrollable List in the counter palette. (Game Piece Palette/CombatMarkers/Letters in the Combat Markers folder near the bottom of the module.)
I added a new Scrollable List (‘Dummy’) as the first entry in the Tabbed Panel, with no defined counters, and now all the Combat Markers operate correctly when the module+extension is opened with v3.6.9. Moving the ‘Dummy’ Scrollable List to any position in the Tabbed Panel other than the first entry (or deleting it) causes the issue to re-appear. Moving it back to the first position in the Tabbed Panel corrects the issue again, so it certainly appears that the issue is related.
This looks like a bug.
Regards, Myk Deans