V4 Wishlist Thoughts

Right, that’s in GPI. In the future, it would be better done as an SVG spritesheet, but yes, the capability exists already. (And someone could make an SVG spritesheet and use it in V3 if they wanted it now.)

This is 10699, which went out in 3.6.0-beta6.

2 Likes

If the saved game checksum doesn’t equal the checksum in the module of each player then it indicates that something has changed (especially if the 1st tier test of module name and version doesn’t show a mismatch). This might indicate an undocumented change in one of the player’s modules, which could be a cheat edit.

“This is 10699, which went out in 3.6.0-beta6.”

Tested on 3.6.5 and Europe Engulfed Module and not working…

1940 [Map Window]
1940-German [At-Start-Stack] contains 1 unit
1940-Vichy [At-Start-Stack] contains 3 units

Checking both At-Start-Stacks using “Reposition stack” neither shows any other stacks.

The 2nd At-Start-Stack is doubly bugged as it doesn’t even show all 3 units, but just a single unit.

Is there an issue in the bug tracker for this one?

Re Turn Counters - unsure if there is a issue noted in bug-tracker… I flagged it back on the old website and after spending a ton of time trying to get them to work, ended up deleting all of them but the basic turn counter and re-implementing them as units.

From memory, problems with docking multiple counters, problems with some not decrementing correctly, weird formatting problems, etc. Several of the bug reports never got a response…

If you want somebody to look into this, write up a bug report giving steps to reproduce the problem, or find an existing bug report and point that out to us.

Brent’s already working on some mismatch checking, but it won’t be ready for 3.6.6: 11071 checksum improvements by BrentEaston · Pull Request #11261 · vassalengine/vassal · GitHub

Regarding the bugged multiple turn counters, I will look in my archives and find one of the early development modules that exhibit this behavior and (assuming it is till buggy in 3.6.5) upload it and point you to it…

A post was split to a new topic: Turn Tracker bugs

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Turn Tracker bugs

My wish would be for map wraparound, eliminating the need to scroll left/right to get to the map edges. I play World in Flames, and full games use 5 maps (americas, west and east european, asia and pacific). Scrolling left/right often is a bit of a pain.

If this were taken up, I would want it to be a player preference, as I believe many players (including me) would prefer the current behavior.

1 Like

Agree with that. One must take into account user preferences.

I tried this out today (wasn’t previously aware of capability) and found a small bug associated with this, but it has a fairly easy work-around.

If you create a new image using the Game Piece Image Definition tool, the image is NOT available to use for creating a new piece prototype until you save, exit, and reload the module.

That’s a known limitation of GPI’s. That won’t change in V3.

None of the “reposition stacks” buttons ever show more than one unit in the stack or deck – that part is always the way it has been.

Other than that I have been unable to reproduce a problem – with latest Europe Engulfed Module in the 1940 window, I can open one of the at-start stacks’ properties, click Reposition Stack, and then when I check the “show other stacks” box the other stack positions appear.

Let me know if there are different steps you are taking that end up producing a problem? (Maybe when things are done in some different order things don’t work?)

1 Like

Sigh - you are correct… I hadn’t noticed the checkbox for “Show other Stacks.” Once I checked that, I too could see the other stacks…

Thanks!

1 Like

The reason we needed the checkbox (instead of just showing all the other stacks all the time) is that for some modules/amounts-of-stacks that can be quite performance prohibitive & very slow to appear / start up. So we just did it as an optional checkbox.

Sure - no problem, I was commenting on my eyesight, not the design decision… I can also see reasons why some people might want to not see other stacks all the time.

1 Like