VASSAL 3.2.9-svn8952 launch on Mac

The .dmg file you download (presumably to your Downloads folder) should not be dragged (moved) to your Applications folder. It should be double-clicked, which will result in a white icon that looks like a disk drive appearing on your Desktop (this is the mounted disk image). Then you double-click on this white icon to open it. Inside you should find a single item–the VASSAL application, hopefully recognizable by its familiar icon. Technically it is a folder, hence why Joel U refers to it as an “app bundle”, but to you in the Finder graphical interface it will appear as one item. This is the icon that should be dragged (moved) to your Applications folder.

hi

I deleted the V_Global file, and was able to launch VASSAL 3.2.9-svn8958 successfully. I was able to open the Invasion of Malta module, no problems with mapboard colors.

thanks. It appears this is almost wrapped up.

Two question:
Q1) How can I get back to playing the current IofM game I was in, as the Axis? I had to join as solitare when my password was forgotten in all of this troubleshooting. I now have my password for the module. I deleted the IofM module, and downloaded a new copy, but it still sees me as Solitare when I open my opponents vlog file. Should I delete the IofM prefs file to get back to the module asking me for a password, so I can rejoin as the Axis?

Q2) In VASSAL 3.2.9-svn8958, I try and open the Preferences-General Menu, and nothing appears.

Sorry for the delay–after clearing my tile cache, build 8958 displays this map normally on Windows 7 64-bit, Java 1.7.0_21.

So my verdict is that the colorspace fix works!

Thus spake kvn:

hi

I deleted the V_Global file, and was able to launch VASSAL 3.2.9-svn8958
successfully. I was able to open the Invasion of Malta module, no
problems with mapboard colors.

thanks. It appears this is almost wrapped up.

Two question:
Q1) How can I get back to playing the current IofM game I was in, as
the Axis? I had to join as solitare when my password was forgotten in
all of this troubleshooting. I now have my password for the module. I
deleted the IofM module, and downloaded a new copy, but it still sees me
as Solitare when I open my opponents vlog file. Should I delete the
IofM prefs file to get back to the module asking me for a password, so I
can rejoin as the Axis?

There’s no reason ever to download the same module a second time unless
you have reason to believe the module itself is corrupted. Loading an
identical copy of the module you had won’t change anything.

You can change your password back to the old one from one of the tabs in
the module preferences. Once you have the correct password there, you
should be able to open your old logs and saves.

Q2) In VASSAL 3.2.9-svn8958, I try and open the Preferences-General
Menu, and nothing appears.

Does this still happen on subsequent runs, or only on the first one?

J.