Vassal 3.4.3 Errors loading Pzb-Pzl36p08.vmod

Hi to all.

I’ve just installed the latest version of Vassal (3.4.3) and the following errors showed up when I loaded the Pzb-Pzl36p08.vmod :

[Out Of Date Custom Code] This module contains outdated custom code, which is not guaranteed to work with versions of VASSAL released after 6-Aug-2021.

• [Out Of Date Custom Code] Please check whether there is an updated version of this module. If not, please contact the maintainer of this module and request that it be fixed, or post a message on the Vassal forums and ask for help.

What can I do to correct these errors ?

Thank you.

Panther 2010. :frowning:

Thus spake panther 2010 via messages:

Hi to all.

I’ve just installed the latest version of Vassal (3.4.3) and the
following errors showed up when I loaded the Pzb-Pzl36p08.vmod :

[Out Of Date Custom Code] This module contains outdated custom code,
which is not guaranteed to work with versions of VASSAL released after
6-Aug-2021.

• [Out Of Date Custom Code] Please check whether there is an updated
    version of this module. If not, please contact the maintainer of this
    module and request that it be fixed, or post a message on the Vassal
    forums and ask for help.

What can I do to correct these errors ?

Are you the maintainer of that module?

J.

No. But if you tell me what I must do to avoid these errors I will try to correct them. I’m not able to write custom Java procedures, however; I can only use normal Vassal available commands.

Panter 2010. :question:

I have the Source code for the Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader. I will create an updated version of the existing Pzb-Pzl36p08.vmod and upload it to the module page as Pzb-Pzl37.vmod. I will included the source inside the module. I’ll let you take over from there.

Regards,
Brent.

New version uploaded now. All yours.

Hello Brent.

Many thanks for uploading an update version of the Pzb-Pzl module.

I noticed that the dimensions of the two versions of the Pzb / Pzl module are exactly the same; it seems that no changes have been made to the module itself.

I would be very interested to know how to do such a thing, since I currently also use other “outdated” modules that have the same problem, that of having Java custom classes in them.

One last question: currently in the Vassal editor it is possible to add a Java custom class, but it is not possible (or at least I don’t know how) to delete or modify an existing one. Is there a simple way, that does not involve Java programming knowledge, to modify and / or delete a Java custom class from a module?

Thank you again for your help on this matter.

Panther 2010.

:slight_smile:

Let me know about the other "out-of-date’ modules you use. A lot of them probably use code that I originally wrote and has been shared between modules, especially the WGA modules. I am happy to update any of these that people direct me towards. I am including the source code in any modules I update to make life easier for future developers.

If two module use the same custom code and one is updated, you can copy the updated custom code to the new module by copying the Java class files between the two modules using 7zip or similar.

Yes, the problems are the WGA modules. I will try to copy the updated custom code and then I will let you know.

Thank you again!

Yours,

Panther 2010. :slight_smile:

Well, problem solved. I opened the updated Pzl module with winrar, extract the wga directory and copied it in another “not update” module replacing the old wga directory and now all works well.

Many, many thanks!

Cheers!

Panther 2010 :smiley:

I had the same problem.
I replaced the wga folder in my older Pzb-Pzl36p08b.vmod with the one from Pzb-Pzl37.vmod provided by Brent Easton.
Then it seemed to work.