VASSAL 3.6.11 Released
The VASSAL Team is happy to announce VASSAL 3.6.11.
- NEW! 64-bit ARM packages: There are now MacOS and Windows packages for 64-bit ARM processors. If you have a Mac with an Apple Silicon CPU (which is a 64-bit ARM processor), we recommend using the 64-bit ARM build.
- Code deprecated more than a year ago has been removed. Modules containing custom code using that code MUST be updated if they are to work with 3.6.
- Things may be broken which worked previously. If you find a new bug, please report it.
- Modules saved in 3.6 are not openable by earlier versions of VASSAL. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.6 modules you plan to modify in 3.6 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
MacOS (64-bit ARM)
MacOS (64-bit x86)
Windows (64-bit ARM)
Windows (64-bit x86)
Windows (32-bit x86)
Changes since 3.6.10
- 11941: Since 3.6.7, French/Belgian AZERTY keyboards on Mac were experiencing problems with Ctrl / Alt keys on the number key row
- 11938: IndexOutOfBoundsException trying to open a private note
- 11933: At-Start stacks were getting confused by blank boards
- 11929: Show translated module name and descriptions in Module Manager
- 11924: Reinstate translation of Player Sides
- 11904: Global Key Command fastmatch for Mats fixed to avoid trait-order bugs
- 11901: Corrected “Mark When Moved” documentation
- 11899: Hide FileConfigurer label in preferences dialogs
- 11890: NPE when current-stack option used on non-stacking piece
- 11505: Insert items into formatted strings from drop-down list into the correctly selected position
- 11911: Debug window shows board-relative coordinates if they are different from the map-relative ones
- 11906: MatCargo’s mat detection did unnecessary computations for lack of parentheses
- 11900: Clear Tile Cache with more efficient Files.walkFileTree()
Changes since 3.6.9
- 11883: Fixed order of labels for “Select play mode” and “Enter your name” steps in the Welcome Wizard
- 11879: NPE when cutting and pasting a GlobalPropertyFolder
- 11860: Warn when same piece is both Mat and Mat Cargo
- 11858: Clear all PieceSlot caches after loading extensions
- 11846: Protect from null property results during search
- 11823: NPE in GameRefresher when refreshing unnamed Decks
- 11813: NPE in PieceSlot.getLocalizedConfigureName()
- 11759: Do not allow negative number of Dice or Sides
- 11748: NPE when cutting and pasting a prototype folder
- 11455: Prevent NPE when adding empty KeyStrokes to list
- 11452: Prevent NPE if invalid file specified in img tag
See the Release Notes for descriptions of the changes in 3.6.
VASSAL 3.6 requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and MacOS packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems. On Linux, use your package manager to install Java 11 or later.
Help us test
Please report bugs in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forum.
The VASSAL Team