VASSAL 3.6.14 Released
The VASSAL Team is happy to announce VASSAL 3.6.14.
- NEW! 64-bit ARM packages: There are now MacOS and Windows packages for 64-bit ARM processors. If you have a Mac with an Apple Silicon CPU (which is a 64-bit ARM processor), we recommend using the 64-bit ARM build.
- Code deprecated more than a year ago has been removed. Modules containing custom code using that code MUST be updated if they are to work with 3.6.
- Things may be broken which worked previously. If you find a new bug, please report it.
- Modules saved in 3.6 are not openable by earlier versions of VASSAL. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.6 modules you plan to modify in 3.6 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
MacOS (64-bit ARM)
MacOS (64-bit x86)
Windows (64-bit ARM)
Windows (64-bit x86)
Windows (32-bit x86)
Changes since 3.6.13
- 12063: Fixed Deck save/load hotkeys being mixed up
- 12061: Fixed bug with pasting invalid/incomplete regex expressions
- 12059: Various PMD and Spotbugs fixes
- 12048: Fix bugs when deleting groups of decks/stacks from the editor
- 12041: Rollover border color of ‘no color’ did not save to file, nor copy correctly
- 11249: Enhanced recursion protection to catch self-referencing prototypes
- 12065: Reduce update check delay to 5 days, from 10
- 10249: Duplicating a prototype no longer disables that prototype until next module reload
Changes since 3.6.12
- 12042: Fix bug when copying Decks and At-Start Stacks to other maps
- 12037: Fix concurrent modification exception in Decks
- 12016: Fix a possible crash scenario in At-Start Stacks
- 11897: Ensure that deleted extensions don’t crash the Module Manager
- 11693: Prevent NPE when copying folders containing Mouse-over Stack Viewers
- 11451: Don’t permit drag-and-drop within PlaceMarker, Replace with Other selection dialogs
- 11173: Fixed crash in sorting a deck
- 11995: ActionButtons with reports shouldn’t display them if report is empty
- 11967: When dragging piece out of face-down deck, use unrotated shape
- 10877: Added a ‘player joined’ message when playing online
- 9786: Text Label traits will respond to GameRefresher (unless trait has a manually-change-label hotkey defined)
See the Release Notes for descriptions of the changes in 3.6.
VASSAL 3.6 requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and MacOS packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems. On Linux, use your package manager to install Java 11 or later.
Help us test
Please report bugs in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forum.
The VASSAL Team