Vassal 3.6.19 Released

VASSAL 3.6.19 Released

The VASSAL Team is happy to announce VASSAL 3.6.19. This follows quick on the heels of 3.6.18, as 3.6.18 was missing a change we intended to be in it.

IMPORTANT

• NEW! 64-bit ARM packages: There are now MacOS and Windows packages for 64-bit ARM processors. If you have a Mac with an Apple Silicon CPU (which is a 64-bit ARM processor), we recommend using the 64-bit ARM build.
  • Code deprecated more than a year ago has been removed. Modules containing custom code using that code MUST be updated if they are to work with 3.6.
  • Things may be broken which worked previously. If you find a new bug, please report it.
  • Modules saved in 3.6 are not openable by earlier versions of VASSAL. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.6 modules you plan to modify in 3.6 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.

Download

Linux
MacOS (64-bit ARM)
MacOS (64-bit x86)
Windows (64-bit ARM)
Windows (64-bit x86)
Windows (32-bit x86)
Other

Changes since 3.6.18

Other improvements

• 12313: Added MAYBE_MOVED property for 3.7 compatibility

Changes since 3.6.17

Bug fixes

• 12291: Fix incorrect drag offset on Windows with UI scaling > 100%
  • 12256: Work around Java’s use of incorrect gamma for grayscale + alpha PNGs

Changes since 3.6.16

Bug fixes

• 12248: Don’t NPE when handling setup errors
  • 12247: Fix error dialog broken since 3.6.15 for exceptions with null messages
  • 12237: Fix edge case Mat Refresh bugs
  • 12234: Don’t try to render SVG which would have a width or height of zero
  • 12233: Ensure that OpMultiResolutionImage.getBaseImage() never returns null

Other improvements

• 12250: Adjusted TilingHandler to simplify VASL and VSQL custom tilers
  • 12238: Upgrade bundled Java from 19 to 20

See the Release Notes for descriptions of the changes in 3.6.

Minimum Requirements

VASSAL 3.6 requires Java 11 or later.

The Windows and MacOS packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems. On Linux, use your package manager to install Java 11 or later.

Help us test

Please report bugs in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forum.

Cheers,

The VASSAL Team

windows 11 and my AVAST antivirus suite both said this version has a virus. Win32:MalOb-IJ (Cryp).
I have reported this for analysis as a false postiive with AVAST.

1 Like

Thanks. If enough people report false positives to Avast, maybe they’ll do something about it.

I’d be interested to know what that actually does/means - for us the module developers.

The short answer is: It won’t affect anyone or do anything.

The sole change is adding a constant to the Properties class, and that constant isn’t used by anything in 3.6. The reason for the change is that 3.7 does use the added constant, and this lets any modules containing custom code which uses it to be prepared for 3.7. The only modules affected are likely to be VSQL (for which I have already provided an update) and VASL (for which I likely will provide an update).

Thanks Joel. Much appreciated.

Looks like Crowdstrike is also blocking this version of Vassal from running because of the virus hit. I was running 3.6.6 fine previously. I would report it as legit, but this is my work laptop and shouldn’t be “playing” with it anyway. :slight_smile: