The VASSAL Team is happy to announce VASSAL 3.6.19. This follows quick on the heels of 3.6.18, as 3.6.18 was missing a change we intended to be in it.
- NEW! 64-bit ARM packages: There are now MacOS and Windows packages for 64-bit ARM processors. If you have a Mac with an Apple Silicon CPU (which is a 64-bit ARM processor), we recommend using the 64-bit ARM build.
- Code deprecated more than a year ago has been removed. Modules containing custom code using that code MUST be updated if they are to work with 3.6.
- Things may be broken which worked previously. If you find a new bug, please report it.
- Modules saved in 3.6 are not openable by earlier versions of VASSAL. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.6 modules you plan to modify in 3.6 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
- 12313: Added MAYBE_MOVED property for 3.7 compatibility
- 12291: Fix incorrect drag offset on Windows with UI scaling > 100%
- 12256: Work around Java’s use of incorrect gamma for grayscale + alpha PNGs
- 12248: Don’t NPE when handling setup errors
- 12247: Fix error dialog broken since 3.6.15 for exceptions with null messages
- 12237: Fix edge case Mat Refresh bugs
- 12234: Don’t try to render SVG which would have a width or height of zero
- 12233: Ensure that OpMultiResolutionImage.getBaseImage() never returns null
- 12250: Adjusted TilingHandler to simplify VASL and VSQL custom tilers
- 12238: Upgrade bundled Java from 19 to 20
See the Release Notes for descriptions of the changes in 3.6.
VASSAL 3.6 requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and MacOS packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems. On Linux, use your package manager to install Java 11 or later.
Please report bugs in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forum.
The VASSAL Team