The VASSAL Team is happy to announce VASSAL 3.6.7.
- NEW! 64-bit ARM packages: There are now MacOS and Windows packages for 64-bit ARM processors. If you have a Mac with an Apple Silicon CPU (which is a 64-bit ARM processor), we recommend using the 64-bit ARM build.
- Code deprecated more than a year ago has been removed. Modules containing custom code using that code MUST be updated if they are to work with 3.6.
- Things may be broken which worked previously. If you find a new bug, please report it.
- Modules saved in 3.6 are not openable by earlier versions of VASSAL. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.6 modules you plan to modify in 3.6 until you’ve verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
- 11465: DoActionButton claims its icon in remove-unused-images
- 11417: Fix Ctrl key with Does Not Stack trait
- 11406: Don’t show image scale option for panels inside Chart Windows
- 11388: Correctly draw hex coordinates for odd-numbered columns spanning tile boundaries
- 11372: Delayed Notes from subsequent saves displayed out of order
- 11369: Leading zeros handling in Set Dynamic Property
- 11362: Match expanded Inventory nodes by entry value, not by display text
- 11347: Inventory should not reveal face down deck images
- 11344: Prevent Undo from triggering Deck Empty Hotkey
- 11343: Ensure that the pivot point is used for rotating Cargo
- 11329: Invisible Pieces belonging to another player can still stack together
- 11487: Removed obsolete option from startup script
- 11460: Show a dialog when connection to the game server is lost
- 11446: Tweak version number display in online window (numbers at end, grayed out)
- 11414: Improved version mismatch messaging
- 11373: Make columns in Delayed Notes table sortable
- 11361: Allow Calculated properties to set Game Piece Layer
- 11356: SetupStack can match literal grid names even if Zone only reports Zone name (e.g., uses $name$ as Location Format)
- 11351: Documented that Mats w/ cargo can’t go in decks
- 11348: Polygon Editor improvements (move whole shape, tab between points)
- 11346: Update bundled Java to 18
- 11330: Allow .toString() to be called properly on property names in Beanshell
- 11327: Fix Action Button not working after refreshing pre-defined setups
- 11325: Implement the missing Play Sound trait ‘Send sound to other players’ functionality
- 11315: Show correct Turn Tracker tooltip
- 11302: Fixed link typo in GamePieceImageDefinitions page of Reference Manual
- 11287: Fix ConcurrentExecutionException in Game Refresher with Mats
- 11278: Scale tiled images to target size rather than by scale factor
- 11254: Tiler dialog doesn’t cancel tiling when Cancel button is clicked
- 11248: Catch InvalidDnDOperation exceptions when inappropriate drag-and-drops attempted
- 11227: Fix NPE when copying vertices from a zone with no vertices
- 11232: Stop edit of table when TableInfo is closed
- 11223: Copy/Paste conversions fixed for Zone Properties to/from Global and Map Properties
- 11188: DoActionButton hotkeys were not found by search
- 11303: Preference to control drag-at-edge scroll rate; per module defaults for edge scrolling
- 11297: Don’t copy out unused images on removal
- 11296: Don’t block the EDT when clearing the tile cache
- 11292: Strip leading and trailing whitespace from module names and versions
- 11286: Improved Setup Stack descriptions in editor
- 11279: Module “other” strings displayed in About screen
- 11276: Place Marker (and Replace With Other) include name of added piece in summary
- 11260: Editor now remembers its most recent image-picking (and sound) directories separately from its memory of last save/load of games and logs
- 11258: New BasicName trait defaults to Prototype’s name; Changing Prototype’s name changes BasicName trait’s, if identical; At-Start Stack with no name displays name of first contained piece or folder in editor
- 11256: Added a preference for the tiler max heap; tiler will retry up to that limit
- 11255: Updated downloads URL to the one for our download page
- 11243: Enable Sum and Count in GKC Report Expressions
- 11233: UI Cleanup: don’t scroll-at-edge the map if a file or link is being dragged instead of a piece
- 11229: Allow ‘Select All Regions’ when defining them; right click to delete now works for single unselected region
- 11071: Improved version number checking
See the Release Notes for descriptions of the changes in 3.6.
VASSAL 3.6 requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and MacOS packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems. On Linux, use your package manager to install Java 11 or later.
Please report bugs in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forum.
The VASSAL Team