vassal save logs of game play

Does anyone know of a website that has instant replays of games people have played who have logged their games?
I found this on a command and colors ancients web site and really enhoy watching the replay of the game as I am trying to learn it?

I would love to see replay logs of the following games
Memoir 44- Just cause I love it
Combat Commander- Im trying to learn this one
FAB Bulge- Just to see what the game is like
Shadows over Camelot-
WW2 Barbarossa to Berlin
Twilight Struggle
Wooden Ships and Iron Men
We the people
Wellington
Blue Max

Im considering setting up a website for these files. If you have any log files for games, especially ones that talk people through the game it might be good for other players.

Please email any log files you may have to charlescab at gmail,com or post a link in this reply. Or even attach here if you want

Thanks so much!

Thus spake “charlescab”:

I think this is a great idea.

We might be interested in providing a location for hosting these at
vassalengine.org, in fact.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

:slight_smile:
The problem I have is I hate begging experienced players to teach me. The great thing about the log files is I can watch LOGs of other players teaching them, look at the charts, cross reference and check etc.

If I can help in any way I will be happy too. I have several friends who may be willing to help.

Please let me know, if you are interested, in how to get the text files to you and how you would like them organzed.
I would suggest

1. Base tutorials
  2. Regular or base games
  3. Expansion packs

I am really excited about this. The great thing is the files are so small I cant see any big impact on bandwidth for your site.

How about putting them up on the module’s Wiki page?

rk

Thus spake Rodney Kinney:

I’m very much opposed to that. The number of logs that people decide to
post could grow without bound, eventually overwhelming the other content.
That’s not what the module pages are for. I think it would be fine to have
another page linkes from the module page where people can post logs.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

I wasn’t talking about the Files section. I meant the ‘wiki’ link. You can upload files straight to the wiki so they won’t pollute the other files. And you can easily have a dedicated wiki page for each instant replay and a central page cataloguing them all.

rk

I can see that quality control could definitely be an issue. It would be tough to go through each log and verify moves and such. It could end up being a huge collection of crap