VG The Civil War

I’ve just finished wading thru the recent edition to the rules of this game. I’ve done lots of reading, outlined the rules, and watched a number of playthroughs on YouTube. So, I think I’m ready. I’m looking for a player who might want to learn this game along with me.

I’m an experienced Vassal player, but don’t have any experience in this game obviously. I would like to play in real time using Skype (or any other application). I live in Central Time Zone and am free to play in afternoon or evenings.

Keith

Keith PM sent

Let me know if the game didn’t begin. I’d be interested in playing and am a relative newbie having played this a long time ago

Anyone looking for a game of VG’s Civil War with 3rd edition rules? Will play pbem or live (I’m in GMT+1).

Hi. Would you like to play a game. I played 20 years ago. I still remember the rules
Let me know, please.

HI,

Thanks for the request. I’m not interested in that game any longer. However, I forwarded your request to another friend who loves the game. Hopefully, he might contact you soon.

Regards,
Keith

OK. Thanks for replying

If you don’t get one, I would like to play. I’ve played extensively, but I’m happy to explain or redo moves, and am not really invested in win or lose. It’s my favorite game and really need new players!

What are 3d edition rules? I’m familiar with the latest Vassal version, but it doesn’t mention that. I would love to get them wherever they are! And interested in playing as well.

Hi,

I’ve played it a few times, but decided it wasn’t for me. If I change my mind, I could shoot you an email. You would have to send it to me.

In the meantime, here is a link to the “3rd Edition” rules. You can find them on Boardgamegeek.com

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/236910/victory-games-civil-war-rulebook-wga-3rd-highlight

Good Luck.

Thanks for reply and reference. Hope you do decide to play.

Hi,

I’d be interested in a game, but I can only manage offline at the moment - would you be up for that?

Regards

JER

Happy to! I am at davidmccarty30@yahoo.com.

Dave

I am interested in pbem. I have done both VASSAL and the old send a note via email, make a move on the game board set up in the den, and email back. I would be looking for about 1-move-a-day, sometime more, other times less as our schedules dictate. If you are interested in playing let me know. I typically paly without the Far West as I don’t think it contributes a lot to the game.

I’d be interested as well.

Just messaged you with my email…