Vietnam 1965-1975 GMT version, Issues and Questions

Hi all.

Having issues with this module. There are times as FWA I cannot access their units, then the same result as NVA player. I switch back and forth among all the various “players” and nothing works. I usually have to save the game, then restart it, for it to clear. Anyone else have this happen and figure out a fix?

Second -This is a very involved vassal module and the limited manual in the help feature is a bit sparse. Is there a link or a way to get more details on how to use it?

Thanks,

One thing to keep in mind, which could cause this kind of problem…if one side flips a piece using the “Mask” trait…the piece becomes “owned” by the side that activated the Mask (flipped the piece). If the proper side later tries to use a trait on the piece, it can be blocked by this. So, to test, when you come across a piece that you can’t access, retire to each side and try to access or flip and see if you can. Once the piece is flipped upright (mask deactivated) it can be re-flipped and “owned” by the correct side…changing ownership back to the proper side and resolving the issue.

Give it a try.

I’m not even sure what the masking button is and or how to use it but will look for it.

Since this problem happenned even when I was doing my set up and thus not touching the other sides pieces, I doubt it’s this though.

It pretty much happens on every turn now, and despite restarting it, reloading the module, doing anything to reset things - it persists.

Also - how does one adjust the air points marker? It’s tilted 45 degrees and won’t move.

So is there a detailed write up somewhere on how to use this vassal module?

Not to be snarky, but have you tried to reach out to the developer??? It was last updated a month ago and if you click on the developer’s name, their email address is linked.

Based on the info for the module page, it looks like there is an active group playing/developing it. They may be too close to the bugs/features to realize there is a problem. Thus, feedback to the developer with what you (as a newbie) are struggling with, could be very helpful.

1 Like

There don’t appear to be Mask traits on the units themselves. If you can determine a minimal procedure to reliably reproduce the problem you’re experiencing, that will probably help the module maintainer.

I looked at a couple of the predefined setups and at least one of them looks to have been created by a user with a blank module password, which is a guaranteed recipe for havoc. You’ll experience all kinds of unpredictable side switching when this is the case.

If you are playing solo, and load a game that was saved as the FWA or NLF player it will restrict some access, even if you switch to Referee after loading. The fix is to make sure you switch sides to "Referee before saving the game. This will ensure you can access both sides when loading the saved game.