Wingen sur Moder Module Development

Hello… my pen name is Sweeteye, real name is Andrew,and I am from Salem Ohio,USA…I just recently ordered a first edition copy of the Avalon Hill wargame Waterloo…I was browsing the web to see what info on the game I could find and discovered the Vassal Waterloo module…I am an avid wargame player and designer,having been at it for over forty years…Really is just a hobby for me.I really like board wargames the best although I have quite of number of computer wargames and flight simulators…Have been designing scenarios and missions for a number of years…My most recent wargame projects have been designed using the Panther Games Battles from the Bulge software. I designed perhaps six scenarios for it. After looking closely at the Vassal software I realized it would perfect for transferring my BftB scenarios over to in board game format…I want to start off with something small and I have a mini scenario I made covering the WWII battle of Wingen sur Moder,part of Operation Nordwind in early 1945…the mini scenario has a small map and a limited number of counters…I seem to have a fairly good handle on using the module creator but it will take a while to get the scenario ready for public use…Hopefully I might find a few people interested in testing out my game system…really nothing special…very similar to Avalon Hill wargames… Here is a view of the map…I am in the process of covering over the BftB graphics,most notably the woods…Also have begun work on the counters but still have a ways to go on them…I think a small portion of the map is going to be clipped off…judging by the preview of the post…

Made substantial progress on the module during the last two days…Went over the map graphics,created the counters,and worked on the game charts…Still have some work to do but I am done enough to begin play testing…Really glad I discovered the Vassal program.The designers have a great idea…