Youtube videos monetization showing a vassal game

Hi,

I am working on an A.A.R. report and review of a game in vassal, specifically The Spanish Civil War by GMT.
Does anyone know if I can take for granted that I have permission (required to enable monetization on youtube) to show images of the game (within the Vassal application) due to the kind of licence the Vassal software has.

I would not be showing images of the cardboard game, which I own, unless GMT Games replies to a message I sent them about it.
But since I would only be showing images of the vassal module I suspect that I can assume permission to use those images.

Any one have any opinions on this?

What do you mean by monetization? You may need to ask GMT as the artwork is normally their stuff as well (the digital art is usually acquired from GMT). Just because it is in vassal does not mean that GMT has relinquished their rights to Vassal over their artwork

By monetization I mean allowing those little ad banners that appear at the bottom of many youtube videos.
Youtube provides this option for anyone who has a youtube account. BUT in order to do this one must own the rights of all content shown on the video or have persmission from the owners of such content (music, graphics, etc.).
Youtube pays out some money (very little) depending on how many views that video gets.
It is just a little help for the effort and time…

Waiting for a reply from GMT whom I have contacted again.

Thus spake Draken:

Hi,

I am working on an A.A.R. report and review of a game in vassal,
specifically The Spanish Civil War by GMT.
Does anyone know if I can take for granted that I have permission to
show images of the game (in the vasasl format) due to the kind of
licence the Vassal software has.

I would not be showing images of the cardboard game, which I own, unless
GMT Games replies to a message I sent them about it.
But since I would only be showing images of the vassal module I suspect
that I can assume permission to use those images.

Any one have any opinions on this?

It depends on what exactly you plan to do, but pictures used in a
review ought to fall under fair use, at least if you’re in the US.
That goes for pictures of the physical components as well, as far
as I know.

Why is “monetization” in the subject?

J.