Zero-2 PBF

Don’t count me out just yet man. For some reason the PM wasn’t in my inbox when I checked into Boadgame Geek on friday.

I am in. I am against the two hit DN. I will review the tech tree and give my thoughts on it within 24 hours

Tech tree reveiwed, I am going to vote no on revised tech tree and revealed action cards.

so we’re ready to start then ?

Welcome Thaylen - better late than never. Thanks to Jeff for being willing to step in.

We are ready to begin.

For race selection we are going to go with random draw of two - you pick one to keep and one to put back in the pool. I shuffle and deal everyone one more race. Of those two the one that you choose is the one you play. I’m doing this for a few reasons: the players in Zero-1 enjoyed it, it gives us time to finalize house rules, and it buys me some time to get the other game running so I don’t have to start two games at the same time.

It looks like we will stay pretty close to RAW (rules as written). As we are doing race selection please vote on the following…

1. winner of the game - RAW or as outlined in the first post of this thread.

2. number of artifacts - 6 or 8? If we go with 8 you will each place one and I will come up with a way to randomly place the last two (assuming there are enough planets to have 8)

First race pick sent.

My votings:

1. winning the game - RAW
  2. Artifacts - 6
  2. Artifacts - 8
  2. Artifacts - 6

race picked

2. Artifacts - 6
  1. winning–RAW
  2. Artifacts–6

Race pick pm’d.

1. Win game by RAW
  2. Artifacts- 6

Second round is out.

Racepick sent

Waiting on a rules inquiry for my race choice.

race picked

I thought this was mentioned earlier but it wasn’t. Who wants Space Domain counters? I’m for them.

Race picked. Vote no on space domain counters.

Starting the game instructions:

Unfortunately, artifacts are not secure in Vassal – there is a way to peek at them. To remedy this, each of you have been given a marker of a race that is not in the game which will count as artifact markers. They are located near your trade agreement cards. When an artifact is discovered I will place the real token on the planet.

Take note of your player number. (Please note I have changed the order of player numbers to a more logical placement – this is not the same as the Vassal default.)
P1 sircrowin
P2 TunaDude
P3 kristobal
P4 thaylen
P5 sirisaacnuton
P6 shaunm

Download the most recent file on the forum and open it - not necessarily my most recent post. You will be prompted to join as a side – select your player number. Place your starting units and leaders (pull them from the leaders box) in your home system as well as your command counters (right click to flip them for fleet supply). Save the game and upload the file as an attachment to a forum post.

Once everyone has done that the private areas will be secure. Then I will reveal the first public objective and pass out preliminary objectives and we will move on to the strategy phase.

Some things you should note for playing with Vassal:

For the sake of keeping things uniform, please leave cards on the map where they are. This is so everyone can quickly see who has what and know where to look for it. I’m currently playing in a Vassal game where most of us keep our tech cards in private areas but some don’t and remembering who has what gets a little complicated.

Everyone can look at your private player area. If you leave cards face up there people will know what you have. If they are face down, no one will be able to see them.

Do not use the transfer area (with one exception). This area is not secure. If you leave something there, anyone can see and move the cards. If you need to make a trade with another player tell the GM and leave it to him.

There is one small and annoying bug. Most of the time when the GM places a card in your private area it will still be secured to the GM. You will be able to move the card, but not be able to peek or flip. If this happens move the card to the transfer area and then back to your private area.

During the course of a game round, please submit turns as if in a standard forum game and I’ll keep on top of updates. Every strategy phase I’ll have you submit a save file with your strategy choice. This will be your chance to predominantly fix any AC bugs and make any cosmetic adjustments you would like. (if the AC thing gets out of hand we can work out something more as we go).

All updates will be saved games, with the exception of combat. When there is combat I will post a log file. When you open a log file the “Step Forward” button (just under “Help” in the top left) will be dark. Click on that to see the results of the dice as they are rolled.

And finally, there is a limit to how much storage these forums have. I will periodically delete old save files. If you want to have old files, you are responsible for keeping them for yourself.

Best of luck and let’s have a good game!

This sounds more complicated than it is, I promise!

If you have any questions please post or PM.

After rereading my post, I think I didn’t explain one thing well. When placing your units, make sure you add to the most recently posted file from any player. The first person will use mine, the next person should not use mine, but should use the previous player’s file.

Done! Let’s have a great game everyone, seeing as the map is already set up we’ll forget about Space Domain counters and just go with the rules we’ve proposed. Good Luck!

I’ve used a log instead of a savefile to make it easier for the GM to check if everything was done correctly. Let me know if you’d rather want just a savefile.

Have fun everyone!