Zero-2 PBF

@SirIsaacnuton
When I try to open the file, it want’s to open in MS word…?
I have downloaded the Vassal engine and placed it in Applications, is there anyting else I need to do. I have the Shards module showing when I open Vassal from my applications, can’t really remeber how it got there, but I tried finding our game that way.
I think the link between the save and the Vassal download is missing…

What I did was download the Vassal engine and put it in Applications, like you said. I also downloaded the Shards module. If it shows up in your library when you open Vassal, then it sounds like that’s done. I also downloaded one of the .vsav files (and just left it sitting in downloads).

To open the file, I just opened the Shards module, and when it loaded up it gave me the option to put in my name, then to start a new game or load an existing file. After I chose to load an existing save, it gave me the option to browse and select one, and I selected the file from downloads. From there it opened just fine for me. However, I never had any point where it tried to open anything in Word. When I first tried to open the save file by itself, it wouldn’t open. Just told me it didn’t have a program assigned to open that extension, and didn’t even give me the option to pick one.

Edit: I just realized I did do a test save, and it created a .vsav file, so that seemed to be working alright too. Basically, when I went to close it the program just asked me if I wanted to save, and I said yes.

Got it, I’m in :smiley:

Better give me a guide to save the game right away…totally vassal-noob here :blush:

Did Hacan’s CC
…and just praying that everythin is working :slight_smile:

Creuss setup completed. Hopefully my Mac doesn’t cause this thing to explode upon being used by someone else.

Also, ignore my previous query about Leaders. Turns out the place to look was the box labeled “Leaders.” Who knew?

As a follow up to my post, I just wanted to let everyone know that this is my first time with a play-by-forum game (of any type, not just using Vassal). I’m a quick learner, and the concept seems pretty straightforward, but I just wanted that on the record in case I violate any kind of pbf etiquette or anything (and if I do, please correct me).

That having been said, I wanted to go ahead and find out exactly how we’ll be submitting our turns. First, should we do it by public forum post or PM? Second, if they’re public, should we wait to submit in turn order, or just submit whenever we can?

Also, how detailed should our turns be? I imagine a typical turn order might look like this: “I activate the Lodor system. I move a Carrier from the Perimeter system and 2 GF from Perimeter to Lodor, landing both ground forces.” Should it be less detailed than this? More? Also, when we spend resources, should we specify which planets will be exhausted to pay for costs? Or is that something we’ll be doing manually in Vassal?

Finally, this is more of a game question, but is there any interest in replacing Warfare II with Warfare I? If it’s too difficult to do at this point, or people would rather not, it’s no biggie, but I’ve always liked the flexibility of Warfare I.

Thanks everyone, and sorry about all the noob questions.

Your actual actions should be public posts. Things like the rep you send for assembly should be by pm to the gm. Any negotiations, bribes, ect should be done in private with the involved parties.

Your example is pretty much perfect. There are some standard abbreviations; destroyer is dd, dreadnaught is dn, cruiser is ca, carrier is cv…

I would like turns done in the form of forum posts. I’ll regularly post updated save files for you to download. There will be some times I’ll ask for your next post to be in the form of a save file, but we’ll worry about that when the time comes. I like forum posts because me actually moving the pieces is my preferred way to confirm all actions are done legally and such…

We go in order, but you are allowed to do things in advance at your own risk. If you pre order an action and then something you didn’t expect happens we won’t roll back so you can change it. If you make a pre order and change your mind you are free to do so until the person who goes after that action has submitted their turn. Any actions in advance can be done by public post or by pm to me. Also, you can PM me with simple conditions for your next action (example - if player a passes I will blah blah. if he does not pass I’ll decide after his action).

Cool. Thanks.

Hi people, pre-order TECH ;-)

Game begins. You have tgs pcs, and prelims - to see pc and prelim drag to transfer area or setup area. I’ll periodically have you post a save file after moving those cards to keep them under your control - typically after assembly and/or strategy phases starting with round 2. Details to follow when it’s time for that.

[size=200]Xxcha[/size] to pick strategy

Hold please. PM out to the GM.

After looking at the map I feel Saar’s general area needs some help - he’s set for influence, but he can’t compete for production (I am looking at all areas blind - meaning ignoring home worlds).

I’m going to ponder on the least disruptive way to improve his area slightly. I’m not going to change anyone else’s - I’ll just swap out one tile in his Y for something not in use.

Should you have an objection to this please speak up asap. If you look at it objectively I think you’ll agree. I’m going to sleep on it - change will come some time tomorrow.

If this will not effect your strategy selection please continue. If you want to wait that’s fine too and I apologize for the oversight!

no problem here

Naalu take CS TECHS

Next XXcha

Really Saar? The Xxcha kingdom would have gladly welcomed you into our domain if you were short on resources!

We’ll be on the front foot here and take Leadership

[size=200]Saar Up[/size]

Edit: I’m not sure if I have this right, but isn’t the first public objective meant to be shown?

Well of course, we wouldn’t expect anything else from our peacelovin-geerrootsmoking neighbours :stuck_out_tongue:

Would like to know the PO before I pick my SC

Btw
How do I read my PC and PreO…they are all face down on my private page

Sorry I forgot the first PO. It is “I now spend 4 trade goods, 3 resources, and 3 influence.” I’ll put it in the file when I decide on the swap for Saar’s area.

Saar take Production

[size=150]Hacan is next[/size]

Ooooh, bad color choice. Better just stick to large and bolded font next time please.

To even out Saar’s spot I’m thinking Mirage out, Lazar&Skalag in. That’s a 1/2 out and a 3/1 in. Let me know if there are any objections.

As I wrote you earlier I’ll go with any decision you make.