a bit o' help please...

ok when i add game piece’s to the board how do i make all the pice’s background invisible…
for example with this knight i want the white gone so u only see the knight and then the ground, no stupid looking white background, i know u can do it, i made the piece with paint is that the problem?
so in summation is it vassal making the white block or is it paint? because in paint its just blank so idk what to do

EDIT!!
another question…
is their a way to set it so that u can rotate a large group of selected pieces (like a regiment or unit of musket men for example) as if they were one piece(the whole regiment “wheels” right or left) instead of each individual piece rotating individually?

You would need a graphics programs that will make the background of your images transparent and it’s best to save them in a PNG format.

Paint’s transparency tools are extremely limited. If it shows as transparent in Paint, then you may be saving the graphic as a JPG. JPG does not support transparency. Try saving it as a PNG.

The tutorials list a few graphics programs that are helpful.

No, Vassal does not alter your graphics in any way so if the background on your graphic is white, it’s the graphic, not Vassal.

ok now im getting another strange error, (i did figure out the fist question i had) but i put 1 piece in and his picture rotates properly on the board but i added another pice (EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!) and the pic of him wont rotate a little movement counter rotates but the pic of the guy wont soo idk whts up with that, its the same format as the other guy that works 2 soo idk

never mind im dumb lol FAQ FTW!!!

On Jan 25, 2010, at 7:22 AM, Lieb-Hussar wrote:

To have an “invisible” background, you need to set a transparent
color for it.

This is not something you do in Vassal, but rather in your image
editing program. Both GIF and PNG formats support transparent
colors, with PNG being a bit more flexible in that area.

You will need to modify the images to have transparency in order for
the background to be transparent. I don’t know what options Paint
provides for that, but there are a number of other image editing
options that you could use. See the FAQ for some specific suggestions.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

On Jan 25, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Lieb-Hussar wrote:

You need to make sure that the order of traits is the same. Traits
like rotate only affect the items above them in the trait list. This
is deliberate, and allows you to have partial rotation of images.

See the section “Partial Rotation” at vassalengine.org/
wiki/doku.php?id=board_game which discusses this issue.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

thanks a lot ive just been using gimp as of now to set the transparency