Add zones to a Piece?

Is there anyway to add zones or some other trait to movable pieces, so that I can auto-deal other pieces on top of them?

I am working on a game that has a variable tile setup and then 4 additional pieces need to go on top of each tile randomly. Hoping to find an easy way to do it, so that the 80 small pieces don’t have to be done manually.

Thanks for any thoughts!

If everything stacks, then the easiest way might be to be add a marker to your 20 tiles’ prototype (say: tile=true). Then, in your 80 pieces’ prototype, add a marker with 1 being its value (say: dealt=1), as well as a “send to location” trait. The send trait would have a destination of “Another counter, selected by properties”:

{tile==true&&SumStack(“dealt”)<=3}

The send trait’s keyboard command would be triggered by whatever GKC you’re using to deal the deck. This (I think?) should randomly just run down the tiles available, randomly dealing 4 pieces atop each of them. Sorry if I’m wrong on that, but give it a try.

I can elaborate, or maybe broach an alternative if you don’t want everything stacking (but it’d be more complicated, at least for me).

Thanks, I will play with that. Technically, the pieces should be in a 2x2 grid but they don’t flip until someone enters the tile, so having a stack would be better than nothing.

Provided the above worked, and I’m understanding your grid layout above each tile correctly, then I think what I’d do is add a prior step to it now. Set the initial GKC to first have all tiles set out four invisible “place markers” into the positions you want above each. Only one marker needs to be made, then placed in its own hidden palette, with a trait in it of: marker=true. It needs to stack with the 80 pieces.

Once that step is done, then the next step is triggered, which is as above except the 80 pieces are now set to find markers not tiles… so:

{marker==true&&SumStack(“dealt”)==0}

Finally, have the 80 pieces’ deck send out a hotkey when its emptied to delete all the markers.

The plus side of this, besides the grid above each piece (if it actually works), is you can have the tile itself now on a lower Layer than the others, keeping it on the bottom and not stacking. If snapping to a grid location is a problem with setting out a grid pattern though, then you may be able to keep the same principle as above but replacing the SumStack method with a board triggered deletion of each marker by each piece.

Sorry if any of this doesn’t actually work, as well as for the quick write-up above, but if you need to me elaborate on any of it, let me know. Good luck!