automatically expand a stack of cards

It looks like default behavior is to NOT expand a stack, until player click on it to expand it. Can I redefine the stacking behavior so that default on a specific board/zone is automatically expand the cards?

I’m not aware that it’s possible to adjust stacking separation on a per-zone or per-board basis, but you can certainly do it on a per-map basis. Double-click the stacking options in the map configuration and you can change the horizontal and vertical separations for stacks in both expanded and unexpanded states.

One can change the layout distances (what the expanded and non-expanded stacks look like), but one cannot alas tell new stacks to “default to being expanded”.

I too have wished for this feature, but I don’t think I could even do it in a java custom class, as the Stack class isn’t easily overrideable.

you can change the horizontal and vertical separations for stacks in both expanded and unexpanded states.

That actually solved my problem. I set both to the larger amount as if they are expanded (i…e in this game there is never a case where that shouldn’t be needed) and problem solved! Many thanks for all the suggestions…