Best way to limit countermix?

Curious what people think.

is the At-Start Stack the best way?

Thanks.

2009/8/12 spetras73 <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)>

Yes, it is.

You can also have your at-start stacks on a separate map window exclusively for your counter mix if you don’t want them on the map in the first turn.

• M.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Ok, that is what I thought.

In fact that is what we have in the PW module at the moment. Separate map windows for a counter tray for each side.

I guess the thing to do would be to fill those trays (maps) with At-Start Stacks and then build all the scenario files out of those?

Thanks.

It doesn’t really matter how you build the scenario files. But yes that would be fine.

• M.

This is what I have thought too, so I am glad I was on the correct track.

Just a quick note/question/confirmation… I wonder about a possible additional side-benefit of doing it this way… if I understand correctly how this works any changes made revising the module that affect the counters will then show up since the counters are in at-start stacks on the map? Of course if you use a save game for a scenario then if I understand correctly that will defeat this side benefit as the save game will isolate the in-play counters from any module revisions.

2009/8/13 IrishBouzouki <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)>

This is correct. However, there is a tool called the Module Updater that you can use if you make changes to saved games. Look under the tools menu in the game editor.

• M.