cannot get cards to show up for other player

Here’s my current problem (which I’ve tried tracking to the simplest form already): I can’t seem to get a synchronized card deck for two players. Also, I tried looking up solutions in forum, tutorials and reference manual, but couldn’t find anything (except DethBob’s post, the answer there was somewhat cryptic to me, though, indicating that mask had been used improperly, but not going into specifics).

Here’s the way I tried to accomplish this apparently simple goal: Made a new module. Made a main map consisting entirely of one image, no grid or anything. Made another Map window with a map board and board (no properties changed on either). Made a deck. Set the “Belongs to Board” to the name of the board just created. No other properties changed. Made a card. Gave it a name and image as Basic piece properties. Gave it a back in the Mask property window. – And yes, that’s all, no player sides, no real content that could get into the way.

So far, so good. However, when I try this thing in multiplayer mode, I can move the one exiting card to the main map. It then shows up for the player who moved the piece (let’s call that player Player 1). The other player (Player 2), however, does not see the card on the main map. In fact, even though the card should now be gone from the deck, it sits there for Player 2, who in turn can put “his” card onto the main map, where it is never seen by player 1.

Also, I don’t think this is a simple synchronization issue, as auto report of the movement indicated movement of either card (there should only be one really! argh!) to both player 1 and player 2. I’ve fiddled around with this for quite some time and just don’t seem to be able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

You never synchronized.
Being on the server and having the game open does not mean you are synched
One of the players should right click the other players name and select the
synchronize option. They should not have a game running, just the module
loaded

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Yepp, that’s true. Just tried and everything works beautifully as it should. Thanks so much for this quick and accurate answer :slight_smile: