Card cannot be flipped

Hello,

I’m designing a custom module for play-testing a game and I have the following problem.
Everybody can draw cards on behalf of other players and place them inside the cards hand window of the other players.
Once done, the other player cannot flip the card, he can move the card, but nothing happens when he right-clicks on the card, no menu is displayed, no option can be selected, shortcut keys do not work as well.

Any idea?

Thanks

Is this true of all players? For the card Mask trait, who’s listed as being able to flip the card?

“Any Player” can flip cards, as stated in Card Mask settings.

I noticed that if a player (not able to flip but able to drag the card) moves the card to a deck (discards, for instance), then he’s able back to flip the card!

Bug of Vassal? :astonished:

Thus spake calvinus:

I noticed that if a player (not able to flip but able to drag the card)
moves the card to a deck (discards, for instance), then he’s able back
to flip the card!

Bug of Vassal? :astonished:

In which module are you seeing this behavior?

J.

It’s a custom module I’m developing for play-testing a game, can I share it with you so you can check and fix it? :slight_smile:
You can contact me by PM.

Thus spake calvinus:

I noticed that if a player (not able to flip but able to drag the card)
moves the card to a deck (discards, for instance), then he’s able back
to flip the card!

Bug of Vassal? :-o

Does this still occur with 3.2.2? If so, can you make a minimal test
module demonstrating the behavior?

J.

It may be too late for the designed module, but it sounds like the normal behaviour in 3.2.2+:
“Any player” can mask the card, thus becoming its “owner”, then no other player can unmask it.
But when the card goes back into a deck, it no longer belongs to anybody: when it’s drawn again, “any player” can mask it again.

If you draw cards directly into other players hand windows (the window being visible only to the window owner), you could change the setting of the deck such that it “draws new cards face up”.

Not true. In 3.2 you cannot place an Obscured card into a Deck unless you Obscured it.

oops… now I realize the difference between Obscured and ObscuredToOthers (and between dragging with mouse and a send to location command).

I had the same problem after updating to the newer Vassal engines. So I put decks in each player’s hand and use a Send to Deck command. Then when the other player removes the cards from the deck, he is the new owner.