Card Icons and Map Tile Icons

I am working on a game that has a modular board containing 6 double-sided map tiles. I want to have a window with icons for the board that can be dragged onto the main map. The problem I have is the board pieces are really big. Is there a way to have a small icon for the board tiles in a map window, but when I drag it to the main window it uses the larger size board tile.

Secondly, I want to do a similar thing with the cards. I want card icons in a window, but the card itself I want to be larger and have two states. The closest I’ve found is layering the small image, then the large image, then the other side of the large image. Is this the best way to do that?

-v

You might be able to try keeping the big sized tiles, but give the map window they start in a zoom control, and set the default zoom for that map to be zoomed way out so they “look” small. When they get dragged to the main window, they will take the size of the zoom in that main window, which will make them look bigger if it is not zoomed out.

I may be wrong on this, but it may be worth looking in to.

On Aug 1, 2008, at 8:42 AM, d4rkr00m wrote:

You may be able to do this by having the movement onto the map trigger
a replace counter action where you replace the small image counter
with the larger one.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)