Change Layer for At-Start-Stack

I’m currently trying to figure out how to change the starting layer for an At Start Stack.

I have a block defined with 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 strength.
If I define the layers in that order (layer 1 = 1), (layer 2 = 2), etc. then when I use an at start stack the block is shown as size 1.

I need the vast majority of my at-start-stacks to start at maximum strength. I’m using “Increase” as the key command to increase level. Is there a way to access this key command directly (i.e., something like a command console entry), rather than writing scripts to do it during an actual play?

In the layer definition, I already have reserved the single “Reset to Level” command for other purposes. (it would have been helpful to have more than 1 of these)

Any thoughts appreciated…

BTW - this problem was sufficiently onerous, that I originally reversed all the layer definitions (4 - 3 - 2 - 1), so that increasing a layer was effectively decreasing the strength… However, that approach introduces other problems…

Put a dynamic property on the piece and have the layer follow the DP and set the DP initially to 4. You then adjust the DP up or down and the layer will follow suit.

Thanks DR…

I had to do some re-architecting to get it to work using your suggestion, but in the end I was able to accomplish my goal…

Thanks much!