Deck right-click

How is it possible to add a right-click function to a Deck.

I have three Decks, and I want users to be able to right click on a deck, to move cards between the decks, instead of dragging them.

I’d actually have four options in all, on each of the decks:

Deck X (right click reveals:)
Move to Deck Y
Move All to Deck Y
Move to Deck Z
Move All to Deck Z

Deck Y (right click reveals:)
Move to Deck X
Move All to Deck X
Move to Deck Z
Move All to Deck Z

Deck Z (right click reveals:)
Move to Deck Y
Move All to Deck Y
Move to Deck X
Move All to Deck X

The Move to Deck only moves the top card.
The Move All to Deck moves ALL the cards in the deck.

I might also need to add other functions at a later stage.

I can see there is a Deck Global Key Command. And I’ve sussed out how to use it. It works- but the report that is being shown in the window, doesn’t use the correct $name$ property-

To be honest it would be good if I knew where I could look up all the default properties available.

I think I need to find a way to overide the Report Action that is created by a Prototype definition, with a different report. How is this done?

Hi,

Do you mean the report generated by the Global Key Command Report Format, or the reports generated by the Report Action traits in the pieces that are being affected by the Global Key Command? What exactly is the report that is not working, where is stored, and what are you expecting it to do?

The Vassal Reference manual has these, it should be on the Help menu of the editor.

Regards,
Brent.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I think what I’m trying to achieve is this.

When I drag a card from a deck onto the board, the message reported is the card’s $label$ which I guess is created in the Map Windows Property:
Auto-report format for units created in this map $pieceName$ created in $location$

If I right click on a card, I need to initate a command that assigns a variable the cards name ($label$ - right?), so I can report that card$label$ has been moved to from one deck to the other.