Dice Pool

I have a few questions about custom dice as I start my first module. Here is a little background that may help you see what I am trying to do. I have a game that has 3 different custom dice (lets just call them red, blue and white for ease). As you progress in this game you will gain additional dice in each category, but not necessarily all at once. You may have 3 red, 2 blue and 5 white dice. To make it more complicated you get to reroll some of these dice once. So, here are my questions:

1. Can you make a custom dice pool that can change throughout the game?

2. Can you re-roll certain dice while locking others?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is all possible but it’d be rather lengthy to explain how. I’ll put together a sample within the next couple days that should demonstrate the mechanics of this.

Great thanks. If you could post a link here that would be great.

So sorry for the delay …we had relatives show up this weekend and now I’m behind in everything.

Since this took longer than expected, I didn’t write any notes. If you have any questions, I’ll be glad to go over any of it in detail.

This isn’t entirely what you’re looking for but the dynamics here show you how you can manipulate how the dice are controlled.

Basically, when you run it, you have a place for 3 rows of dice - white, red and blue - in that order.

Click the Add button for each to add a die to the pool. Click the Roll button to enter how many of those dice you wish to roll.

The attached file is the mod. Just change the .zip to .vmod

Thank you so much. I will try it later.