Easy way to hover over a piece and have it display another?

I’m working on a card/board game with ~150 cards. The board contains pieces that represent some of these cards. The thing is that it’s a hassle to to forget what a card does, then have to go look at the pieces tray/your hand, then back at the board, etc.

I believe that there is a way to do this using piece layers, but I’d rather not have to go through all 150 cards and implement them all, so I’m wondering if there’s a more elegant solution to this problem (possibly using imported classes).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I found a partial solution to the problem with the Quarriors module. Unfortunately this only works for a card placed on the main board and will no longer be moved. The method is to use a trait “Place marker” with a property in just mouse over for the show Placed marker (look in the module Quarriors). To view a larger than the original image piece, place a background image with a layer between the original piece and the Placed marker (and the same marker as the original piece; OnTop = Yes in quarriors). This solution is really hack but it works for some games … I hope this tip will help you.

However, I also looking for a trick to display a different image with the mouse-over of a piece. Or develloper to create a class (a new trait: mouse-over diplay …). Thank you all for the help you can provide.