ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR when downloading modules

Does is happen for you with any other browser?

I actually only have Edge running on the machine, let me grab a different one and I’ll let you know.

Same message using Goggle Chrome

Is there any more information in Chrome about what’s happening?

I can’t replicate the problem at all, not with Firefox or Chromium on Linux, not with Firefox or Chrome on Windows 7.

Give me a second and I’ll see what I can pull here

Actually seems to be less but different perhaps

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? What about clearing your SSL state?

See here, Solutions 1 and 5.

No luck, still the same message.

Have you rebooted since the problem started? If not, you should.

Otherwise, I’m out of ideas.

Go to the Network tab in the Web Dev tools in Chrome. Click on Afbc.jpg. That should open a pane on the right where there is a Headers tab. Show me what’s in the Headers tab.

Crossing fingers

I need to see all of the content of that pane. Can you make it wider? Also, I suspect it can be scrolled down.

This is what I see in Chromium, for comparison:

Expanded, nothing to scroll down except for the bottom section when I toggled it to show issues instead of console

And I did reboot a couple of times.

For clarity, you did clear the SSL state as suggested above?

Correct, I believe it worked.

I had to sign back into the Vassal site after clearing it.

Doubt it is of any use but I just tried downloading a Vassal module from Limey Yank Games and it came down fine. I’ve download some other stuff over the last couple of days so it seems to just be the Vassal site.

One more thing to try: Can you load the box cover image from that module page directly, by pasting the URL for it into your browser’s address bar? The URL is https://vassal.us-east-1.linodeobjects.com/images/6/60/Afbc.jpg.

Sigh… nope, tried it in both Edge and Chrome.

Same message still

Try Firefox. Does that do anything different?

Afraid not.

Dropping these in an case they will help.

Headed out in about 10 minutes here.