Extracting Info from Vassal Game

I’m looking for both general ideas and any specific examples of how to format & extract information from a Vassal Game for offline spreadsheet analysis…

I’m developing a “Military Power Index” that will capture an approximate level of military power… I would like to take a snapshot of this at the start of every game turn and save it for offline analysis in a spreadsheet.

I can generate the code to calculate MP and tie it to a GKC that triggers every time the turn is updated… The question is how to easily format the data within Vassal (table?) AND how to get it out of Vassal…

I could define a global property for each turn/nation combination (bleah!) write it to the chat log and manually copy it (triple-bleah)…
The ideal would be to get it into a format that could import cleanly without a lot of manual cut & paste…

Any help appreciated…

Example:
(Turn Info) (Nation) (MP Level)
Axis ND 1939 German 1200
Axis ND 1939 Italy 130

1 Like

I can see a potential way to do this with the Text Capture Tool, although it requires defining a new map and counters…

However, if I do this it would be very helpful if the Text Capture Tool had an option to use CSV…

I’m interested in this as well. Ideally there would be a feature to export the contents of the chat log to some kind of text file. I’m guessing the VASSAL 4 goal (https://vassalengine.org/wiki/Goals) of having the log file be some sort of human readable ASCII would provide this feature.