Is there some way to extract a scenario vsav from a vmod? When I tried it recently, it came out in a different file format (sav, I think)… maybe I can just rename that to vsav, it just occurred to me, which I intend to try, but just in case that’s not the answer I’ll post this. I’m trying to update a module with scenario changes.
Okay, renaming to vsav seems to work… so just to confirm that I’m doing this correctly, these are the steps to update a scenario?
- Edit module in VASSAL and look for the predefined setup to be updated.
- Under properties, find the “saved game” title. (Although what to do when this says “null”?)
- Open the vmod with an archive manager and find the file mentioned. Extract that file and rename it to end with “vsav”.
- Now open that vsav in the module inside VASSAL and make the necessary changes. Save again as a vsav.
- Open the VASSAL editor and point the scenario to the new file.
Is that basically it? Are steps 1-3 even necessary? I mean, can this be done more simply by just opening the game inside VASSAL to the scenario, making the changes, saving that and pointing the editor to it?