Game Piece Layers/Control

The specs:
VASSAL 3.1.14
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Mac Java for 10.5 Update 7 (According to Apple: “…delivers improved compatibility, security, and reliability by updating J2SE 5.0 to 1.5.0_24, and updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_20 for 64-bit capable Intel-based Macs. J2SE 1.4.2 is no longer being updated to fix bugs or security issues and remains disabled by default in this update.”) And, yes, I did quit all browsers and JAVA apps before installing the update.

The problem:
I am working on a module which has pieces which exist in three layers. Call them A, B, and C.

The respective pieces are correctly marked as belonging to one of these layers in their definitions.

I have a Layer Control button defined to Rotate among the layers, with “skip if no pieces” toggled ON (since sometimes there will be only two of the given types on the board).

By the documentation, therefore, when I press my “rotate” button, it should take but three presses to bring the original top layer back to the top. However, what I see happening is that it requires FOUR presses.

What have I missed?

mac

See this post
test.nomic.net/oldforum/view … =gpl#17454

Explains all

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thanks Tim!

If you have time, could you take a look my recent “Hiding Sub-menus” post? I’m really stumped on that one.

Best,

mac