Game Piece Layers

I have a basic question that I can’t find the answer to,

I have two game piece layers named “Layer”. The top layer is “Tunnel” the bottom layer is “Surface”. Under the unit definition I have a Dynamic Properly named “Layer” that prompts the user for an entry from a list. The list contains “Tunnel” and “Surface”. This part works as designed. When units are placed on seperate levels they do not stack. When on the same level they do stack. They also hide and reveal with the layers.

I would like to add a layer to units on “Tunnel” level that adds an image “tunnel movement”. I have the image and I can activate it manually. I would like to set the layer to follow property value of Layer but when I set the layer to follow properly value I recieve an error that “Numeric field contains a non-number followProperly[Layer]=Surface” How can I get the layer to activate based on the game peice layer? and deactivate on change back to surface?

Thanks
James S.

A Game piece layer and the counter Layer trait are not the same. They do not interact with each other

Your Dynamic property is working with the GPL only in this case. you need a different DP using numeric values to work with the counter layer trait you add to your units that you want to activate when they are on the Tunnel GPL. Have it use the same key command as the one you are using for placing the units on the the Tunnel GPL so that you are working both components at the same time

Cool,

Will give it a try. Still new at this but sounds like I can figure it out from here.

Thanks
James S.