Game piece starting with Cargo

Is there a way to set up the game piece palette so that a game piece (with a Mat property) can automatically start with a particular piece of Cargo attached? I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this, or if it is even possible? Thanks for any thoughts!

–Dave

No, that won’t be possible to implement directly as the Game Piece Palettes only allow the definition of a single piece.

Perhaps you could use ‘Place Marker’ to place a new cargo piece on the mat when you detect that it arrives on a Map for the first time?

Thanks for the info, Brent, much appreciated. I will try the Place Marker function.
–Dave

No worries. I have, of course, skipped over the many complexities involved in doing this (ensuring the cargo is only ever created once, for example), but I think it should be possible.

I think if you put the following condition on a Trigge trait:

{ (LocationName != OldLocationName) && (OldBoard == "") }

Then it will only fire when the piece is first “placed” from the palette. The incoming key command for the trigger should be whatever you’ve filled into the Key command to apply to all units ending movement on this map field of your main map. The outgoing key command from the trigger can be the key command that fires your Place Marker trait.

Cheers,

Brian