How initialise the Turn Tracker

In the Burning Blue, turns are 5-minute intervals, and it is the Luftwaffe player who decides when a raid begins.

I have set up a turn tracker that can step up the turns from 12:00 AM and onwards, but I don’t see how I can set the turn at start of a scenario to, say, 02:15 PM.

I would also like to have the tracker docked, but that seems to be impossible, if the user does not change her preferences. Also, the TurnTracker.defaultDocked Global Property seems to be ignored.

It seems there are no takers here. That probably means that it is impossible to set the Turn Tracker to a specific time.

I’ll work around the problem by dropping the Turn Tracker, and let the players use the game’s own turn markers (yes, there are two) to set the time.

You can use a Trigger Action in a loop to trigger the hotkey to advance the Turn Tracker the required number of times. See Terraforming Mars for an example.

Or simply start the game, configure everything as needed for a particular scenario (including the turn tracker); save the game; then use the saved game as a saved scenario in the editor.

Note - one caution with the turn tracker - multiples don’t work.

That would be a possibility, but I still need a way for the Luftwaffe player to input what time the German raid starts.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as that. Each of the five scenarios can start at different times; determined by the Luftwaffe player.

But I’ll find a solution. I was just surprised that the very nifty Turn Tracker did not have an initialization method.

In that case, store the Luftwaffe player’s input in a Dynamic or Global Property, then have a Trigger Action loop, incrementing the Turn Counter until it matches (or exceeds) the stored value.

Thanks for the suggestions, which I might use.

For the moment, I am going for a solution where I check where the players have placed the clock hands (the turn tracker is done as a clock with two hands), and then I move them to the next position.