How to keep "Place Marker" offset aligned with rotated piece

When a Place Marker is activated on a piece, what is the procedure to ensure that the Horizontal & Vertical offset follow the rotation of the parent unit?

My unit places a Marker offset to the left and another offset to the right. But when this unit is rotated, the markers are placed as if it were not rotated.

I am sure this is covered somewhere but my forum search on keywords had results the were either too many or not useful.

Thanks,
Flaney

When a Place Marker is activated on a piece, what is the procedure to
ensure that the Horizontal & Vertical offset follow the rotation of the
parent unit?

Have you tried clicking the ‘Match Rotation?’ check box in the Place Marker trait?

My solution is to follow the placed marker with “Move Fixed Distance” setting the Right=+/-20 or so. Could be a better way. The “Match Rotation” simply spins the original marker to match the parent unit. (I think)…

Thanks for the suggestion.

Flaney

The order of the traits is very important. Match Rotation works, but you might be setting Match Rotation and also giving an instruction that overrides it somewhere else in the trait list. You may need to move it higher or lower in the trait list. Experiment with putting it first and last.