How to reset the layer of a piece when it moves to a Private window zone

My problem:

I have pieces located on a specific zone in a “at start stack” in a Private Map Window, that the player can send to different regions of the main map board.

These pieces have 9 layers with numbers from 1 to 9 (they indicate their strenght). All pieces start with the value 1 (layer number 1) but during the game, while they are on the main map board, their strenght may change from 1 to 9.

The pieces also have a trait “sent to location” (named “return home”) that moves them back to their original position at the private window.

I would like that these pieces, when they return to their original location would automatically reset to 1.

I suspect that this is done at the interface of the Layer trait, at the line that says “Reset to level number” and theres is a blank line with an expression builder (that by default has the number 1 written on it).

I think that the expression should say: reset to level number 1 if the piece is on the “zone” of the “Private map window”. But I don’t know enough about expressions to write it properly.

Could someone help me, please?

Thank you very much.

José Miguel

Actually, the answer for this one is very similar to your other question here. You would use the first option; instead of directly triggering the Send to Location, you want to use a Trigger Action, which would trigger the Send to Location and then trigger the Key Command to reset the Layer to 1.

1 Like

Thank you for the solution. As I told you about the other question, although I am anxious to try it , I can only do it next week . I am a bit worried if I can manage to introduce the expressions… I will let you know how it went.

Yours indebted

José Miguel

I have made it.

Thank for your solutions; they worked perfecty, also for the layer’s reset…

The game is almost ready to publish but I need to test it first. This is not only to turn a board game into a vassal module, but a new variant module for Origins of Word War One by JamesDunigan I will inform when it is finished.

Yours indebted,

José Miguel