how to trigger command on placement

Hi everyone,

I have some cards that when place into play, the player need to put some tokens on top of it.
I have already the card defined with a command can I can use to add the token on top of it, but I was wondering if there is a way to do it automatically when the card is placed into play.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

if there a way to trigger a command to draw token from a deck and add it on top of another card? (where the command is on the card where we want to add the token)

Sounds like you have two options, they both use the “Key command to apply to all units ending movement on this map” that you’ll find in the Map properties.

So set a key command, for example “OnMove”

Set a trigger on the cards that triggers from OnMove when whatever conditions you like are met. I suggest OldZone!=CurrentZone as well as whatever else you need.

Option 1: Place Marker trait. This trait can define any piece you like, that appears when triggered on the card with whatever offset you require.

Option 2: Set a Global Property DestinationX and a Global Property DestinationY based on CurrentX and CurrentY for the card, then a Global Key Command that triggers a Send to Location trait on a selected number of pieces from a deck. The Send to Location trait goes to DestinationX, DestinationY, with whatever offset you require.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions.

Was able to achieve it :bulb: