Infinite stack on board

Hi all,

I need a stack of gold coins that never runs out. So far I’ve figured how to put them into a seperate window, but I want them to be on the actual main board in a ‘bank’.

Any help is much appreciated.

There is no way to make a true infinite stack, however there are a couple of ways you can achieve the same effect.

One method would be to have a stack of gold coins and give them the clone trait. The other method would be to place an At Start Stack Action button that when clicked dispenses a gold coin in its place (sort of like a on screen vending machine)

This is the method I would use. In fact, I’d use a gold coin graphic for the button and the button would have a Place Marker trait defined as the gold coin you want. Every time you click the gold coin a gold coin piece would pop up on top.

Add a clone component to the gold piece.

----- Original Message -----
To: messages@vassalengine.org
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 9:07 PM
Subject: [messages] [Module Design] Infinite stack on board

Hi all,

I need a stack of gold coins that never runs out. So far I’ve figured
how to put them into a seperate window, but I want them to be on the
actual main board in a ‘bank’.

Any help is much appreciated.

Read this topic online here:
Infinite stack on board

messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

Thanks a lot for the advice all, I think a button will work great! Now I’ve just got to work out how to make one work haha… any tips?

Here’s a sample. Just change the .zip to .vmod.

That works an absolute charm! Is there any way to use the Send to Location trait to send the coin to the players individual hand(board)? I can assign it to go to a particular players hand but not to the person that clicked it.

yes, you need to use Trigger Action traits (1 per player) that will use the property “playerSide = xxxxx” so it will go to the correct player hand

Aewsome, thanks again! Once my game is at a semi-balanced and tested stage, I’ll post it so you guys can see the outcomes of your help.

Thanks

Glenn

Easiest way I’ve found to do this it to name each of the Player Hands with the name of the player sides. For example, if your player sides are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, then name the player hand map windows Red, Blue, Green, Yellow. In the player hand, create a Region Point (Irregular Grid) to have a destination for the coin. Call it something like CoinDrop.

You would then set up the Send to Location trait to send the coin to:

Destination - Region on Selected Map
Map - $playerSide$
Region Name - CoinDrop

Since the player hand is the same name as the player side, using the $playerSide$ variable insures that whoever clicks the button will receive the gold coin.