Invisible pieces become visible when the opponent's piece is adjacent

Here’s the scenario: I have created a module with a square grid battlefield. The pieces have an an invisibility trait so as to hide in ambush, etc. Is it possible to set invisibility so that the opponent can see the invisible piece when his own piece has reached an adjacent square? Or is invisibility an absolute thing?

1 Like

Fog of war. Be interested in outcome here.

You can set up triggers along with GKCs that have a range limit of 1, so yes, it’s possible.

Piece A is invisible, piece B is moved adjacent, movement triggers a GKC with a range of one that triggers pieces that are on PlayerSide A and InvisibleToOthers==true, and that trigger toggles Invisible off.

I’m not sure that can work in practice, because I believe that if Player B can’t see piece A, they can’t trigger any traits on A, either. I could be wrong, however.

I assume if the trigger is below the mask and invisible trait, it would be free to trigger. Traits below invisible are not hidden by invisible.

1 Like

You can set up triggers along with GKCs that have a range limit of 1, so yes, it’s possible.

Piece A is invisible, piece B is moved adjacent, movement triggers a GKC with a range of one that triggers pieces that are on PlayerSide A and InvisibleToOthers==true, and that trigger toggles Invisible off.

Sounds good. Can you tell me how that works in layman’s terms. You’ve got yourself stuck with a noob. :woozy_face:

Someone else will have to step up, or you can use my pointers along with some background reading and the handy context help in the editor. Gkc means global key command. I’m just firing off comments while wrangling 3 kids, I can’t do much more.

1 Like