Is there a way to create Hidden Die Rolls?

Gentlemen, we have liftoff! (edit: At least in the troubleshooting module above, the production model continues to vex me with the non-number numeric field error)

JoelCFC25’s last tip seemed to be the one, that and removing the Report Format string so the roll result didn’t get plastered there.

As an aside, how do I hide that Die Roll button from the toolbar? it is only there to do these hidden rolls. If I can’t I can just label it as such.

Thanks to everyone for all their patience and help, so appreciated.

Its just that way to illustrate. You could move the button to a players hand etc…, but you do need a button to execute.
Theoretically you could do this with an action button trait too if you don’t want this in the toolbar. Remember this was written pre 3.3 so there may be even fancier ways of doing this now.

Originally the key feature of this was to report the action without revealing it and storing it and let opponent know it happened. That way there can be no cheating afterward by the reveal.

ok thanks, I will make sure players know it isn’t for general use.

Hello again, does anyone know what this means:

2021-12-16 13:25:18,563 [1200-ProcessLauncher-2] WARN VASSAL.tools.logging.LoggedOutputStream - [6768:NonCelloThread] thumbnail_util_win.cc:100:ConvertImageBufferToBitmap Can’t decode PNG.
2021-12-16 13:25:18,582 [1200-ProcessLauncher-2] WARN VASSAL.tools.logging.LoggedOutputStream - [14680:NonCelloThread] thumbnail_util_win.cc:45:DecodePng Can’t decode PNG: 0x88982F04

Thanks.

Those messages don’t come from any code of ours. There’s not much information about them out there, but I get the impression they’re coming from something to do with Google Drive.

interesting. Thanks.