Looking for more detailed instructions

Hi,

Just found Vassal and I’m pretty excited to begin development, but I’m finding it tough to find much documentation. I found the single HTML page but it doesn’t really go into much detail. I realize a lot of people don’t mind hacking through examples to learn, and I plan to do that, but a reference guide would be nice. Where is the best place for me to look for this? I found the advanced user-created tutorial, but it’s tough to just jump into things when I don’t have a full picture of the overall module-creation process.

Anyway, I’m sure I’ve just overlooked what I’m looking for. If someone can point me in the right direction, I’d greatly appreciate it. Till then, I suppose I’ll poke around the above tutorials.

Thanks

-John

edit: Hmm. I just took a look in the Help in the module editor. I think this is what I’m looking for, but I would still appreciate any tips on the best way to get started. I’m very comfortable in programming and game design, so feel free to suggest whatever you would like. Thanks again

What kind of project are you looking to do? I’m pretty new at this, too (only one finished module and most of a ver 0.1 done of another), but I’m always happy to have someone to brainstorm with.

Randy…

For now, I just want to make modules of the various games me and my brothers have. We live in 3 different states now, and don’t get to play board games together anymore.

Eventually I’d like to design my own games, but that can wait till after I get some experience.

If you’d like, drop me a line at randyshippATgmailDOTcom with more info on what you’d like to start with. I’d be happy to show you what I’m working (struggling?) on lately and give you whatever advice I can offer. Maybe we can figure out a few things together.

Randy…