Mouse over stack view and "does not stack" counter

I’ve been experimenting with a module that has Fort counters that have the “does not stack” trait. When I place a stack of “infantry” counters on top I’ve noticed that when placing the cursor over the hex that only the infantry stack counters are visible in the “mouse over stack window”. The “does not stack” Fort is not visible. Understandable since the Fort is not part of the infantry stack. However, is there any way to make all counters in a hex visible in one “mouse over stack window” including units in the hex that have the “does not stack” trait? I’ve tried using counter layers but that does not solve the problem.

I guess you could try turning on the ‘Include Non-stacking Pieces?’ option in the mouse-over stack viewer…

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Tried that Brent. Did not help. The “Include Non-stacking Pieces” option just allows non-stacking pieces to be viewed in their own seperate mouse over stack window. It does not include non-stacking pieces with stacking pieces in one window.

Messages mailing list

[/quote]

Two things to try:

1. If the non-stacking piece is Ignoring the grid, it will be unlikely to be in the same location as the stack and will not display. The view will only show pieces that have exactly the same board position. Off by 1 pixel and the viewer will not display them.

2. Non-stack counters live in a different layer to stacking counters, even if you are not using gamepiece layers, so you need to change ‘Include individual pieces:’ from ‘from top-most layer only’ to ‘from all layers’.

Rgds,
B.

Messages mailing list