oldLocation not working

I have defined an irregular grid within a multizone. I am finding that for certain pieces “oldLocation” is not working. For example I get.

[code]

• Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 3.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 0.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 1.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 2.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 3.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 4.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from offboard to House 5.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from Justice Reserve (Slot 1) to House 6.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from Justice Reserve (Slot 1) to House 7.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from Justice Reserve (Slot 1) to House 8.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from Justice Reserve (Slot 1) to House 9.
  • Oppression moves House Marker from Justice Reserve (Slot 1) to House 10.[/code]

This is a sequence. So it is correctly recognising the location in the Location variable. It does not make any difference whether I use “location” and “oldLocation” or “LocationName” and “OldLocationName”.

Okay I changed the Multi-zone grid to a simple Irregular grid. (I deleted some zones and removed the multi-zone level.) This seems to work.

As far as it goes that’s fine. When I started this module I did not really have much idea what I was doing and I think those rectangular zones should be part of the irregular grid anyway.

However I really did want it to be a multizone grid with 6 rectangular zones and the rest one irregular zone.So I am fearful it will all break when I try to add those rectangular zones back in.

My reasoning is that for most of the places on the main board I want meaningful names. But for certain parts of the board there is no need to distinguish between one slot and the neighbouring slot. (I mean they should be different for snap-to-grid but for reporting they should be the same.)

Yes this seems to be the problem.

If I use just an irregular grid I can use the OldLocation property.

If I use a multi-zones grid the OldLocation property comes up with erroneous properties. Usually “offboard” though not always.