Refusing to Tile but still showing it Has!

Howdy Gents,

I’ve a simple task, or so I thought. All I’m supposed to have to do is switch out four counters, change the splash, and insert a new board (which has cosmetic changes to it).

I switched the counters. No problem, everything tiled and worked fine.
I switched out the splash. No problem everything tiled and worked fine.
I switched out the map …
and suddenly I get the attached screen, and we don’t even get to tiling the map. That screen is simply blank (white).

(see the attached screen capture)

And last I am supposed to rebuild the pre-defined scenarios (2 of them). Of course I can’t get to this because the module is hanging fire (see the attached screen capture).

The difference in file sizes between the original module with errors and the new one with new map and counters is small. Original size 10.5 mb, new 16.8 mb. As far as module size goes this shouldn’t, in my understanding, make a difference.

So, what am I doing wrong? Go ahead, call me a troglodyte. I’m just not of the computer generation.

Have you tried clearing the Tile Cache? Open VASSAL, but do not open any modules. Go to Tools menu → Clear Tile Cache.

Launch your module and see what happens. Failing that, check the error log (Help menu → Show Error Log).

Well, that had an interesting effect. See attachment.

After the screen went blank and Vassal crashed, upon relaunch the error log reads:

2019-03-31 12:45:20,871 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - Starting
2019-03-31 12:45:20,886 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - OS Windows 7 6.1
2019-03-31 12:45:20,886 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - Java version 1.8.0_201
2019-03-31 12:45:20,886 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - VASSAL version 3.2.17
2019-03-31 12:45:21,011 [0-AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager - Manager

Ok, I rebuilt the module from the ground up. I have only ONE problem extant:

I cannot get the map to report the hex locations as units move across it.

Ideas ?

Finally figured it out :slight_smile: What? Didn’t think I could? Never bet against an old curmudgeon.