Report Deleted Pieces

I understand how to enable the reporting of movements of counters on and to a map, but can’t get it to report when counters are deleted.

A Report Action trait has been added to the prototype definition for counters. CTRL D has been entered in the Report on these keystrokes section, and the Report format has been defined. Yet, when a counter is deleted, it is not reported.

Would someone tell me where I’m going wrong, please. I know I must have missed something, but cannot work out what.

In the map auto reports - last field - it needs to have the setting: $message$

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 11:30:33 AM
Subject: [Module Design]Report Deleted Pieces

I understand how to enable the reporting of movements of counters on and to a map, but can’t get it to report when counters are deleted.

A Report Action trait has been added to the prototype definition for counters. CTRL D has been entered in the Report on these keystrokes section, and the Report format has been defined. Yet, when a counter is deleted, it is not reported.

Would someone tell me where I’m going wrong, please. I know I must have missed something, but cannot work out what.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
http://forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages_forums.vassalengine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Yes, that’s how it is set already, but there is no report.

Perhaps I ought to add that I am using Vassal 2.9.9. (I know I need to update, but that is not an option at present.)

need to see the module then. Thats all there is to it. You must have something setup wrong elsewhere, either the report not with the delete trait/ piece or executing on different map/location etc…

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:25:28 PM
Subject: [Module Design]Re: Report Deleted Pieces

Tim M wrote:

Yes, that’s how it is set already, but there is no report.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
http://forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages_forums.vassalengine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I had a look at how the Tour module was set up to report on deleting the aircraft counter. So problem solved now thanks to that. :slight_smile: