Right click CARD, show window.

Would like to be able to right click a
CARD and then the menu have a Help command.
Clicking Help would display a Window (IMAGE) that would
be a discription of the card in more detail and easy to read.
After you review the info. you could X out of that screen.

Hi Mister TRagedy,

Well, use the Mask trait to do this … for each card … but in this case all pictures point (declared in the trait) on the same image file … which is the detailed card …

If you wan only text … use the “Property sheet trait” adding text only …

It’s certainly for improving the Small World Module :wink:

Regards from Paris,

Grégory
www.VassalFactory.org

Yes, you are correct. Working on next version of smallworld.
Thanks for the help. I had already tried Mask and layers.
When I test it nothing new shows up when I right click.
Could this be because I am using a predefined setup? I know that
this can affect locations of decks , but never seen it affect additions to right click commands. Also the image I am wanting to show is larger than the card. It is a discription file with info. about how to play it.

Anything that changes functionality, location, traits etc will not be picked up by a pre defined setup that was previously created before the changes were made. The set up must be redefined again to pick up changes. You can do this manually or use the built in scenario updater

It is always a good idea when building a module to make the pre defined setup the very last thing you do if your constantly changing, fixing things, testing etc…

Save youself a lot of repetitive grief - after x number of times you’ll get very fed up of rebuilding that set up again and again if your doing it manually :slight_smile:

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 8:18:24 AM
Subject: [Module Design]Re: Right click CARD, show window.

Yes, you are correct. Working on next version of smallworld.
Thanks for the help. I had already tried Mask and layers.
When I test it nothing new shows up when I right click.
Could this be because I am using a predefined setup? I know that
this can affect locations of decks , but never seen it affect additions to right click commands. Also the image I am wanting to show is larger than the card. It is a discription file with info. about how to play it.

Find you favorite Board gaming being played online right now!
boardgamingonlinetheindex.wordpress.com/

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Well,

Give me a picture and what you want to do on a token and i will try to show you …

A layer is the most simple way on a piece … and i do not understand why it does not work for you …

Regards,

Grégory

What I’m doing for my next version of TBK is similar to what you want.

Basically, I’m creating a deck of cards with each card having a description for a game piece/card on the board. This card deck will be located in a hidden window so it’s not readily accessible to the players.

In TBK, when a player discovers an item (Collectible card), then can click the shield on the card which will trigger the retrieval of the description card from the hidden deck.

Here’s a couple of examples that I’ve posted in my TBK development forum. The first one is a description card for an item and the second shows the description card for a terrain tile.

http://www.drnostromo.com/tbk/TBKd2_04.png

http://www.drnostromo.com/tbk/TBKd2_03.png