Rolling and saving multiple dice

My sincere apologies for yet another post requiring more help. I’m learning things, but am sometimes stumped. This one is quite lengthy.

In a module I am designing, I have a pool of 8 dice. Up to 6 of these dice can be used can be used each turn. A player is allowed to roll the dice up to 3 times before the dice are used (for movement/actions). On the map is an area in which the dice can be placed as a player chooses to save them. First query is this: is there a way that after a player has rolled all dice once (using a button to ‘roll all dice’), to right click on a specific die and send it (or drag it) to a specific area (a saved dice area - when sent to this area I do not want the dice to overlap one another). Clicking on ‘roll all dice’ again will only roll the dice that have not been sent to this saved die area, only those in the ‘dice rolling’ area.

The second query is dice that are in this saved dice area are moved to a separate allocation board when each one is used, divided into 6 areas (one area for each die). When a player drags a dice from his saved area onto this dice allocation area, I want it to ‘snap’ into position as it is dropped onto (or very close to) the box. A player is not required to use all 6 dice on his turn, but may not use more than 6.

It would be good to have a separate button that clears all dice from these dice allocation boxes and the saved dice area, moving all dice to the dice rolling area ready to start a new turn.

An example would be most appreciated. Thanks very much.

I’ve managed to figure this out, mostly. I am using right clicking on each die to save the die from being rolled again when a player clicks to ‘Roll All Dice’ - this is working great.

However, what I can’t figure out is how I can move all the dice to each allocation area, allowing each one to ‘snap’ in position and then being able to click on a button to reset and return all the dice back into the dice rolling area. The ‘snapping’ part isn’t too important (although it would be nice), but I really do need some help in returning all my dice (in one go) from the dice allocation boxes to the dice rolling area.

Any ideas?

I’ve managed to figure this out, mostly. I am using right clicking on each die to save the die from being rolled again when a player clicks to ‘Roll All Dice’ - this is working great.

However, what I can’t figure out is how I can move all the dice to each allocation area, allowing each one to ‘snap’ in position and then being able to click on a button to reset and return all the dice back into the dice rolling area. The ‘snapping’ part isn’t too important (although it would be nice), but I really do need some help in returning all my dice (in one go) from the dice allocation boxes to the dice rolling area.

Any ideas?

Snapping to position is done by placing Region Points (Irregular grid) in the spots where you want the dice to snap to. In the Irregular Grids properties, make sure the check “Snap to defined point”

You can also make all the dice do something with a button click. You can place any number of Market traits in the dice properties to identify it as being part of a specific group. Then you can send a command to the group with a Global Key Command trait in the button.

For example, let’s say you have a group of blue dice and they all need to be sent to Zone B.

The dice would have a Send to Location trait with a key command that would send them to Zone B. You can also give all these dice a Marker of DiceType = Blue.

Then you can have a button that sends a Global Key Command to:

CurrentMap = (map the dice are on) && DiceType = Blue

Thanks for the response. I am almost there now :slight_smile: