Sending cards to a set of potential decks

Working on my first mod (Thunderstone for personal use only and based off a large portion of the Pandemic mod), and I could use some assistance in something. The idea is that there are a set number of different decks of cards that need to be sent to the primary game board, with an equal number of spaces available for each deck. These decks are chosen randomly, so tying each one to a specific spot would require more spaces on the main board than necessary. I need to know if there is a way to tell each deck to be sent to the first spot, then tell any following decks to do the same without having them tied down to a specific one.

I’m working on Dominion myself. I’m new to this but I’ve been getting help. What I think you could do is set up empty decks on the game field. I don’t know if you can have it auto move them 1,2,3 ect. But once they are there you can have like another window with all the potential decks used in the game and once you select your random ones (there’s a bunch of ways to do that) just right click and send. It should only take about a minute to setup a game that way. Also I’d love to see your module. If you’d like to test mine let me know.

What you’ll probably want to do is create a Global Property that would be used as a counter. For this example, let’s call it DeckCount

The cards would have a series of Return to Deck traits with each one pointing to one of the decks on the game board. You can set this up in a Prototype.

You could then have an Action Button that will send a key command to the cards to go to a specific deck based on the value of DeckCount and DeckCount would be increased at the same time.

Does that make sense?

Hello,

I know how to send to deck, places on map and so on, but is it possible to make a button that draws a random card/piece from deck and put it on selected placed on the map?

You would either need a fixed location where the card would be placed or some sort of variable would have to be established before or when the button is clicked.

Either way, you would set up a Global Key Command to send a key to

CurrentMap = (the map the deck is on) && DeckName = (name of deck)
1 piece

The cards would have a Send to Location command that would trigger from the key you fired at the deck.

Example:

You have a map called Card_Decks and the deck name is Draw_Cards. You main game map is called Battlefield and you are sending the card to a Region Point on the map called Card_Draw.

Each of the cards in the deck would contain a Send to Location trait (the trait could be placed in a prototype)

Send to Location - Send to map
Triggers on CTRL S
Send to Map - Battlefield, Region on selected map - Card_Draw

The button would trigger a Global Key Command

Action Button - Get Card
ALT B

Global Key Command - Send card to board
Receives ALT B
Fires CTRL S
CurrentMap = Card_Decks && DeckName = Draw_Cards
1 piece

If it’s a variable location you’re sending the card to, you’ll need to set up a Global Property. Let’s call it SendLocation. You would establish the value of SendLocation before or when you click the button. Your Send to Location trait on the cards would then be set up like this.

Send to Location - Send to map
Triggers on CTRL S
Send to Map - Battlefield, Region on selected map - $SendLocation$

You can a combination of static and variable values as well. For example, the region points on your map are named RG1 thru RG100. Your SendLocation global property is a number from 1 to 100. You could then send the card to

Send to Map - Battlefield, Region on selected map - RG$SendLocation$

Does that make sense?

I was away from town for a while.

It does, but I am a bit confused. I have found that 1805 module uses action buttons for deck actions so I will work with it and your tips. I’ll be back for any help.

Questions for now.
Where is a command for random draw?
I have a cards as counters in game piece palette, not as deck. Does it change anything?

Thank you for your time and patience. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you can use a button to draw a card from a game piece palette …at least I’ve never tried that. I would create a deck in a hidden window and use a button to draw cards from it.

Decks have a setting that forces them to always shuffle. This setting means that whenever a card is drawn from that deck, it will be a random card. I don’t believe you can do that on a game piece palette. I may be wrong here and someone will certainly correct me if I am.

Personally, I don’t even use a game piece palette. I know it’s handy for making a single piece and then producing an infinite number of copies from that single piece but I achieve the same results by creating a piece in a hidden deck somewhere and using Place Marker traits defined as that piece and Send to Location traits to get as many copies as I want and put them wherever I want. But that’s just a personal preference. Others may differ.

If you need some help, feel free to E-mail or Skype me.

you can use a button to draw from a palette. Example: Action Button trait invokes Place marker trait

Correct - you can’t