Setting up player boards

Greetings,

I am making a vassal module for upcoming boardgame, Eclipse.

The game should show as separate map windows each players home board (like in Puerto Rico) visible to all players. Problem is that background of each players home board can be one of two different options in regard of which species each player wants to play. Is there any smart way to enable a player to choose his/her specie and this selection would then adjust the background of his home board (and this adjusted background would be what other people would see)?

Hopefully somebody could help me quick!

• Juuso

This far my best guess is to make those player boards as playing pieces with layer trait that can change the board to desired one and then to make premade setups where those pieces are already put on those player specific map windows. Is there any more convenient solution?

Hi,

You have several ways to make this …

I’m very interested about this project if you are talking about Eclispe from Ystari…

I have already done the Race for the Galaxy Vassal Module, Galactic Emperor, Gosu, Dungeonner, Warrior Knights and tons of others …

You can see how i have used the layer in the Space Infantry module to change the board … it can be useful for your problem.

Best regards from Paris,

Grégory
www.VassalFactory.org

Yes, it is game that is going to be published by Ystari (origanally Lautapelit.fi).

I think I am also going into direction of using layers here and at-start stack also.

On Jun 18, 2011, at 1:16 PM, Juuso wrote:

The game should show as separate map windows each players home board
(like in Puerto Rico) visible to all players. Problem is that
background
of each players home board can be one of two different options in
regard
of which species each player wants to play. Is there any smart way to
enable a player to choose his/her specie and this selection would then
adjust the background of his home board (and this adjusted background
would be what other people would see)?

Well, one option would be to set up private windows and add the two
different map boards to them. You would then get a choice dialog at